Prep time: 20 mins — Cook time: 30 mins — Inactive: 3 hours — Servings: 8-10
– 1 cup raw almonds
– 1/4 tsp. sea salt
– 10 medjool dates, pits removed
– 1/4 cup raw honey, melted
– 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 4 cups raw macadamia nuts or cashews
– 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
– 2/3 cup raw honey, melted
– 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
– 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
DULCE DE LECHE
– 2 cans full fat coconut milk (about 3 1/2 cups)
– 1 cup raw honey
– 2 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 2oz 100% cacao unsweetened chocolate bar
– 2 1/2 Tbsp. raw honey
Fruit for garnish (optional)
– 6″ to 9″ springpan
– Large saucepan
– Stirring spoon
– Large food processor or blender
– Parchment paper
TO MAKE THE CRUST LAYER:
1. Place the almonds in food processor or blender and blend into small chunks. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined (you will have a thick paste).
2. Line the bottom of your springform pan with some parchment paper and place the crust ingredients on the bottom of the pan. Press the crust across the bottom of the pan using your hands (you can use another piece of parchment paper to help keep the crust from sticking to your hands). Place the pan in the freezer while you prepare the cheesecake layer
TO MAKE THE CHEESECAKE LAYER:
1. Place the macadamia nuts or cashews in or blender and blend into small chunks. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until well combined and smooth.
2. Pour the cheesecake layer into the pan on top of the crust. Place in the freezer while you prepare the dulce de leche layer.
TO MAKE THE DULCE DE LECHE LAYER:
1. Place a large saucepan over medium-high heat and add all of the dulce de leche ingredients to the pan. Stir to combine the ingredients.
2. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to stir the ingredients frequently to prevent from burning. Continue to cook the dulce de leche until the sauce is reduced by about half and has turned a light brown/caramel color. It can take up to 30 minutes for this to occur.
3. Pour the dulce de leche layer into the pan on top of the cheesecake layer. Place in the freezer for 3-4 hours to set.
TO MAKE THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE:
1. To make the chocolate drizzle, microwave the raw honey in a heat safe bowl for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until just melted. Add the chocolate and stir. The chocolate should begin to melt from the heat of the honey mixture. If it does not fully melt, you can put it back in the microwave on 50% setting and heat for another 15 second at a time until fully melted, stirring each time. Be careful not to leave the chocolate in the microwave too long or it will scorch.
1. Loosen the cheesecake by running a think knife around the inside of the pan. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and gently transfer to a plate.
2. Take a spoon and drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cheesecake. Top with fruit garnish (optional) and serve. Store any extra in the freezer and allow to thaw for about 5-10 minutes before serving.