- 1 glass lukewarm water (nut milk works too)
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- Juice of ½ lemon (or 1 lime)
- Pinch of black pepper (to increases turmeric’s bioavailability)
- Honey or maple syrup to taste (optional)...[feel free to substitute 1/2 to 1 packet of Splenda]
- A pinch of cinnamon (optional: for extra anti-diabetic effect) … [I used a stick, as seen in photo]
Directions: Add lemon juice, black pepper, turmeric, honey, and cinnamon to a glass of lukewarm water.
Drink first thing in the morning on an empty stomach for the best energizing effect. Stir constantly while drinking to prevent the turmeric & honey from sinking to the bottom of the glass.
Q. Why should you drink Turmeric Lemon Water? A. Lukewarm lemon water is great your body. Lemons are loaded with vitamin C, B, calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, enzymes, antioxidants, and fibers. This adds healthy nutrients, aids digestion, boosts the immune system, fights inflammation, and hydrates & energizes the body.
- Turmerics boosts the anti-inflammatory properties of lemon water. Curcumin, or turmeric’s active compound, is a potent anti-inflammatory compound which matches the effectiveness of many over-the-counter anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Improve brain power. Lemons are an excellent source of brain-boosting potassium and magnesium, while turmeric has been found to reduce the risk of cognitive disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Antioxidant activity. Both lemon and turmeric possess strong antioxidant activity to keep your skin in perfect condition and keep tumors at bay.
- Improve digestion. Eating or drinking turmeric on a daily basis stimulates the gallbladder, reduces bloating and gas, and prevents inflammation of the digestive tract, while lemon juice helps to loosen and flush out toxins from the digestive system.
- Heart-friendly. Curcumin reduces LDL (or bad) cholesterol, prevents blood clotting, and removes plaque build-ups in the arteries.
- Weight-loss aid. Lemons stoke the metabolic fire, which helps you to burn more calories from the food you eat.
- Cleansing properties. Lemons and turmeric stimulate your liver to produce more enzymes. It enables the liver to work more efficiently in eliminating toxins and waste materials.
Exact items I used (from image above):
- Simply Organic Turmeric
- Watkins Black Pepper
- Organic Cinnamon Sticks from HEB Grocery (but any will do, like these)
- Natural Clover Honey
- Organic Lemons from HEB Grocery
I found this recipe & information on NaturalNews.com http://www.naturalnewsblogs.com/heres-will-happen-body-add-turmeric-morning-lemon-water/