All I.M. Healthy Soynut Butters and I.M. Healthy Granola products Recalled due to E.Coli contamination. Twelve people have been hospitalized. Nine people developed hemolytic uremic syndrome, a type of kidney failure.
Cases have shown up in the following states so far: Arizona, California, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Maryland, Missouri, New Jersey, Oregon, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin.
On March 7, 2017, The SoyNut Butter Company recalled all varieties of I.M. Healthy SoyNut Butters and all varieties of I.M. Healthy Granola products. On March 10, 2017, The SoyNut Butter Company expanded its recall to include Dixie Diner’s Club brand Carb Not Beanit Butter. On March 23, 20/20 Lifestyle Yogurt Peanut Crunch Bars were recalled because they contain a recalled ingredient.
Yield: 9×13 giant mass of coconut bark
- Line a 9×13 cookie pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- heat 2 tsp coconut oil in a cast iron pan on medium heat. Add almond slivers and pecans. Reduce heat to medium-low and toast for 2-3 minutes, rotating frequently (about every 20 seconds) to prevent from burning. Remove from heat and sprinkle with Himalayan rock salt. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut butter with coconut oil in a double broiler or in a large metal bowl over top a saucepan filled with water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add extracts, roasted pecans and almonds. Mix well.
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheet and spread the mixture into a thin layer.
- Press the shredded coconut onto the top.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes or so. Remove and break into random pieces.