Raw Banana Coconut Cream Put with Raw Paleo Chocolate Sauce
…Diary-free, gluten-free, grain-free, cane sugar-free
-3/4 cup seeded and chopped Medjool dates
-3/4 cup pecans
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add the dates, pecans, and vanilla to a food processor and blend for 1 minute. Mixture should be thoroughly incorporated.
2. Line the bottom of a 8 inch spring-form pan with nonstick paper (such as wax or parchment) and press the date mixture evenly around the bottom. Or you can skip the paper…it’s entirely up to you.
3. Place the crust in the fridge while making the banana cream pie mixture.
Raw Coconut Banana Cream Filling
-2 cups raw cashews soaked for 6 – 8 hours (no less than 6)
-8 ounces of ripe bananas (2 medium, please weigh for accuracy)
-1/3 cup melted coconut oil*
-1/3 cup honey
-1 tablespoon vanilla
1. In a blender (or food processor, I use my Vitamix to get an extra creamy texture) add the drained cashews, banana, honey, and vanilla. Start to blend on low, then increase the speed to high, using your tamper as needed.
2. With the blender running, drizzle in the coconut oil. I blend until the mixture is creamy (no detectable grit or chunks).
3. Poor the mixture onto the refrigerated crust. Place back in fridge for about an hour to set up before you top with the coconut whipped cream.
Coconut Whipped Cream Topping
-1 can of full fat COLD coconut milk* (this brand is SCD legal & BPA free, this one is another choice for BPA free)
-2 tablespoons honey
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Into a bowl, scoop out all of the full fat coconut cream from can (leaving the coconut water that remains at the bottom of the can).
2. To the coconut cream, add in the honey and vanilla, and blend by hand or with a hand mixer until well incorporated. It’s okay if you have tiny specks of coconut fat in the mixture.
3. Pour the whipped coconut cream on the top of the banana cream and smooth around.
Final directions for the pie:
1. After you top with the coconut whipped cream, top with ground pecans.
2. Place the pie in the freezer and allow to set for 2 – 4 hours. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and place in fridge at least an hour before to thaw.
3. When ready to serve, remove the spring form, cut and serve.
4. Drizzle with chocolate sauce.
Raw Paleo Chocolate Sauce
-2 tablespoons coconut oil
-2 tablespoons honey*
-1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon raw cacao
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Place all the above ingredients into a 1 cup glass Pyrex.
2. Place the glass Pyrex into a pan of very hot water and mix around until everything is melted. Do not heat over 110 degrees.
*To keep the coconut oil raw, measure out the 1/3 cup in a 1 cup glass Pyrex and put into some hot water. Mix constantly until melted, then immediately remove from water. Do not let the oil heat over 110 degree. I melt the chocolate the same way. It only takes about 45 seconds for it all to melt and the temp gets to about 93 degrees. Perfect raw chocolate sauce baby!!
*I suggest keeping several cans of coconut milk in the coldest part of your fridge, always. Then you have some on hand when you need it. When making whipped “cream”out of coconut milk, it’s best to have the coconut milk in there for at least 5 days.
Thanks to: http://www.thetastyalternative.com/2013/03/raw-banana-coconut-cream-pie-with-raw.html