Yield: 9×13 giant mass of coconut bark
- 1.5 cup coconut butter (How to make coconut “butter”: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/10-tips-for-making-the-best-coconut-butter-ever/#axzz2Uat4KYKS)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil + 2 tsp for toasting
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whole pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- pinch Himalayan rock salt
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line a 9×13 cookie pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- heat 2 tsp coconut oil in a cast iron pan on medium heat. Add almond slivers and pecans. Reduce heat to medium-low and toast for 2-3 minutes, rotating frequently (about every 20 seconds) to prevent from burning. Remove from heat and sprinkle with Himalayan rock salt. Set aside.
- Melt the coconut butter with coconut oil in a double broiler or in a large metal bowl over top a saucepan filled with water to touch the bottom of the bowl.
- Add extracts, roasted pecans and almonds. Mix well.
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheet and spread the mixture into a thin layer.
- Press the shredded coconut onto the top.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for 15 minutes or so. Remove and break into random pieces.